Welcome to the Triangle Area DBT (TADBiT) website!
This website has been designed to provide information to the public about DBT in the Triangle and to share information among providers about training and other clinical matters. To learn more about TADBiT, explore the links on the site, or view the announcements below. Thanks for visiting!
What is TADBiT?
Triangle Area DBT, or TADBiT, is a cooperative network of clinicians in the Triangle Area who are trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Meggan Moorhead and Norma Safransky founded TADBiT in 1996 with the goal of promoting the use of Dialectical Behavior Therapy to treat disorders of emotion regulation in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and surrounding counties).
TADBiT seeks to:
promote comprehensive, evidence-based DBT individual therapy, skills groups, consult teams, education and training to the community
build and maintain effective, respectful relationships with those we serve and with our colleagues in behavioral healthcare and education
respect the values and principles of DBT and promote the integrity of DBT in its complete form as an evidence-based practice
In an effort to offer comprehensive DBT treatment, we promote five functions:
1. Client capabilities are enhanced through DBT skills training within skills group and individual psychotherapy sessions.
2. Motivation is enhanced in individual therapy.
3. Generalization of the skills to actual life situations mostly occurs in coaching calls, and to lesser degree, in family interventions.
4. The client’s environment is structured via consultation to the client, case management, and when possible in family interventions, DBT Family Skills Training or Teen-Parent groups
5. Therapists capabilities and motivation are enhanced in Consultation Team during meetings, email/listserv consultation, continuing education, as well as with adherence monitoring.